The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) provides airport land related guidance to publicly licensed airports in the State of Michigan. In most cases, property needed for airport purposes must be identified on an approved Airport Layout Plan (ALP) for future acquisition and environmentally cleared. Land acquisition may be necessary to clear approaches (avigation easements), control incompatible land uses inside Runway Protection Zones (RPZ), or may be required for a capital improvement project such as a runway extension. MDOT provides guidance for Appraisal, Relocation, Eminent Domain (condemnation), land inventory maps (Exhibit "A"), and airport property land uses.
Guidance for land releases, when required by a federally obligated airport, may also be obtained by calling 517-335-2408.
- Acquisition and Relocation
- Airport Property Land Use
- Airport Environmental Clearance Process
- Avigation Easement and RPZ (Runway Protection Zone)
- Certifications and Reimbursements
- Condemnation (Eminent Domain)
- Contracting for Airport Land Projects
- Evidence of Good Title: Exhibit "A" Property Maps and Exhibit "C" Title Opinions
- Noise Mitigation (Part 150)