Skip Navigation
Attorney General Bill Home
close print view

Where can I file a complaint against a police officer who I believe is guilty of misconduct?

Most law enforcement agencies in the state have internal procedures to investigate citizens' complaints.  Generally, complaints against a law enforcement agency or its officers can be resolved by following those procedures.  If resolution cannot be obtained, you may wish to contact the county prosecuting attorney who has jurisdiction over the police agency involved in your complaint.

FAQ Categories
 •  About the AG's Office
 •  Consumer Protection
 •  Child Support
 •  Concealed Weapon/CCW
 •  Criminal
 •  Miscellaneous
 •  Senior Protection
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan