- "CCW Reciprocity Overview In 2000, the legislature significantly amended Michigan's firearms laws to make Michigan what is known as a "shall issue" state. Previously, county gun boards were given considerable discretion to issue concealed pistol permits and the decision often depended on a showing of need by the applicant, which varied from county to county. Public Act 381, which went into effect on July 1, 2001, changed that so that anyone who met the strict qualifications of the law would receive a concealed pistol permit. Today, thousands of responsible Michigan residents have been issued concealed pistol permits.
- 2003 Amendments to Act 381, effective July 1, 2003
- 2nd Amendment Brochure
- ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances - Firearms (2009-2010, 30th Edition)
- Firearms Laws and Legislation - DNR
- Michigan State Police, dealing with concealed weapons
- The Michigan legislative compendium of firearm laws