On September 25, 2012, President Obama issued an Executive Order addressing human trafficking. Federal contractors and their employees are prohibited from using recruitment practices such as misrepresenting wages and benefits, charging feeds, and confiscating identity documents. Every federal contractor will also have to create a compliance plan to promote awareness of human trafficking.
Click below to read the Executive Order on Human Trafficking:
- Michigan Human Trafficking Task Force
- University of Michigan - Human Trafficking Clinic
- The Polaris Project
- U.S. Department of State - Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Campaign to Rescue and Restore Victims of Human Trafficking
Human Trafficking "Red Flags"