Welcome to the State Budget Office
Welcome to the Michigan State Budget Office website. I encourage you to check out our website and learn more about the vital role of the Budget Office in state government.
In addition to developing the governor’s Executive Budget recommendation, the Budget Office is also responsible for presenting budget recommendations to the Legislature and implementing the budget approved by the Legislature and signed by the governor.
The Budget Office also includes the Office of Financial Management, the Office of Internal Audit Services, and the Center for Educational Performance and Information.
For more information about the State Budget Office, please feel free to email us at Contact-SBO@michigan.gov.
Thank you for visiting.
John S. Roberts
State Budget Director
John S. Roberts Bio
News and Information
- NASBO Videos - State Budget Basics
- Governor names John Roberts budget director, David Behen head of DTMB
- Snyder's budget proposal enhances investment in core areas to continue Michigan's comeback
- Fueling Michigan's Future: The Comeback Continues
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report - Fiscal Year 2013
Fiscal Year 2015 and Projected Fiscal Year 2016 Executive Budget