Welcome to the State Budget Office
The Michigan State Budget Office is responsible for developing the governor’s Executive Budget recommendation, presenting budget recommendations to the Legislature, and implementing the approved budget signed by the governor.
The office also includes the Office of Financial Management, the Office of Performance and Transformation, and the Center for Educational Performance and Information. Feel free to email us at Contact-SBO@michigan.gov with any questions or comments.
(Pictured Right: John J. Walsh, State Budget Director)
News and Information
Fiscal Year 2019 and Projected Fiscal Year 2020 Executive Budget
- 2019 Executive Budget
- Press Release - Gov. Rick Snyder's 2019 budget maximizes Michigan's momentum, provides tax cuts for Michiganders
- Slide Presentation - Maximizing Michigan's Momentum
- Executive Budget Issue Papers
- Personal Property Tax Excess Distribution
- Executive Budget Bill - General Operations
- Executive Budget Bill - Education
- Do you have feedback on the Executive Budget Book?