Skip Navigation
Charitable - Official Website for the State of Michigan Home
close print view


Is a game of chance where raffle tickets are sold, a winner(s) is determined by randomly drawing a ticket stub from a container, and a prize is awarded.  Almost all raffles need to be licensed.

If your organization is holding a 50-50 or a "drawing for a door prize," these are raffles and should be licensed.  If you are not sure if what you want to do is a raffle, contact our office at (517) 335-5780 and we can answer your questions.

You can complete the Raffle Application electronically and then print it.

Due to the unprecedented number of license applications we are receiving, allow at least 6 weeks for the processing of applications or a change request to a license. To be fair to all applicants, applications and requests to change a license are processed in the order they are received. First-time applicants must allow additional time for the qualification process.

Quick Links
 •  Commissioner M. Scott Bowen
 •  FAQ
 •  Qualified Organization Information Change  PDF icon
 •  Bingo or Annual Charity Game License and Chairperson Change  PDF icon
 •  Tax Information
 •  Service Compensation Schedule
 •  Complaint Form
 •  Michigan Lottery
 •  2013 Annual Report PDF icon
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan