Expungement - How to Delete a Criminal History

You may be eligible to have a juvenile adjudication made nonpublic under Michigan Compiled Law (MCL) 712A.18e or to have an adult conviction made nonpublic under MCL 780.621.  Instructions for both can be found under the Expungements section of http://www.michiganlegalhelp.org/.




The MDOC will expunge records if it receives a TRUE COPY of the expungement directly from the presiding court. True copies can be sent to: Michigan Department of Corrections Records Administration 4000 Cooper Street Jackson, MI 49203.


If you have further questions regarding expungements, please contact the sentencing court.