- Nestlé Waters North America's Submittal of a Permit Application Information Package, under Section 17 of the Michigan Safe Drinking Water Act
The application is currently under DEQ review. The public may submit comments on the application until the end of the public comment period on March 3, 2017. A public hearing will be scheduled in a few weeks and will be held early in 2017.
- SARA Title III Reporting Now Open!
It's that time of year again - 2016 SARA Title III Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Hazardous Materials Tier II Reports are due March 1, 2017.
- Brownfield Flip - Grand Rapids Downtown Market
The Downtown Market in Grand Rapids used to be contaminated and filled with blighted old manufacturing buildings and warehouses. Now it’s a collection of food vendors, restaurants, demonstration kitchens, and a greenhouse in an environmentally-friendly, inviting building. Check out this video to find out how financial incentives and technical assistance from the MDEQ helped Grand Rapids clean up and safely reuse this brownfield site.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- MDEQ Statement regarding Downriver water quality concerns
- State launches new initiative providing lead-free water fixtures to Flint homeowners
- MDEQ Releases Brownfield Videos
- Officials to Attend EPA Data Summit in Chicago to Review Flint Water Data
- MDEQ Awards Grants for Curbside Recycling Carts
- Michigan Office of the Great Lakes Releases 2016 State of the Great Lakes Report MORE NEWS