- Registration open for 2nd Annual Michigan Sustainability Conference!
Join us in Detroit on September 14 and find out how your organization can achieve cost savings and improve your brand image by addressing the triple bottom line – people, planet, and profit. Register today and network with Michigan’s business leaders who are successfully implementing sustainability practices.
- MDEQ Minute - Red Swamp Crayfish
Got a minute? Learn how to identify the Red Swamp Crayfish, an aquatic invasive Species. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/invasives to learn more about invasive species related to Michigan. #notMIspecies
- Brownfield Flip - Capital City Riverfront
When Lansing, Michigan revitalized its riverfront, its biggest challenge was an obsolete power plant in the heart of downtown. Its redevelopment, with help from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, changed the riverfront and the city. Now headquarters for an insurance company, the brownfield redevelopment created jobs, attracted new talent to Lansing, and built a thriving neighborhood. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- See How the Cleanup of an Old Power Plant Sparked a Downtown Transformation; Lansing's riverfront featured in new video
- EPA and MDEQ Announce Funding for Environmental Cleanup; Velsicol Superfund Site, St. Louis, Michigan
- Latest Test Results Show City of Flint's Water System at 6 PPB for Lead, Well Below Federal Action Level
- City of Rochester Awarded Cleanup Grant and Loan for New Commercial Development
- More Than $4 Million in Grants Awarded to Protect Lakes and Streams
- EPA Says Air Quality in Belding Meets Safe Lead Standards; Levels well below health standards for last four years MORE NEWS