- Brownfield Flip: Harbor Shores Golf Course in Benton Harbor
After decades of decay, an abandoned, contaminated, 570-acre industrial corridor in Benton Harbor has been transformed into a public, non-profit Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. Trails and public access to the water created more recreation opportunities for Benton Harbor residents. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- New Lung Cancer Prevention Resources For Healthcare Providers and Residents
What is colorless, odorless, can be deadly, and may be in your home now? The answer is radon gas! Radon is a naturally occurring gas that can seep into your home. Reduce your risk of breathing this radioactive gas by testing your home for radon today and encouraging your patients do the same. Learn more at www.michigan.gov/deqradon.
- MDEQ Minute - Open Burning
Got a minute? Learn what can and cannot be legally burned in the State of Michigan. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/openburning if you are a home owner, local government or fire department to learn more about open burning and its potential health effects and the laws that govern it.
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Flint Community Schools Water Results Show Vast Majority Well Below Federal Action Level for Lead
- DEQ releases annual Solid Waste Report
- Crawford County Awarded Brownfield Grant and Loan to Develop the Grayling Northern Market
- Flint Water Quality Restored, Testing Well Below Federal Action Level and Comparable to Other Cities Across the State
- State Files Legal Action to Solidify PFAS Remediation Plans with Wolverine
- State Takes Action to Strengthen Environmental Criteria in Response to PFAS Contamination MORE NEWS