SARA Title III - Hazardous Chemical Inventory (Tier II Reporting)
- Tier II Reporting
Sections 311 and 312 of SARA Title III address emergency and hazardous chemical inventory reporting. The implementing regulations are codified in 40 CFR Part 370. The regulations are intended to provide the public, local governments, fire departments and other emergency officials with information concerning the potential chemical risks in their communities. Over 6,000 facilities in Michigan submit hazardous chemical inventories to the Michigan SARA Title III Program, Local Emergency Planning Committees (LEPCs), and local fire departments.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Tier II Manager Program is ready to accept Tier II reports.
Fire Departments and LEPCs in the following counties can receive your Tier Two report online: Bay, Calhoun, Genesee, Grand Traverse, Ingham, Kent, Montcalm, Monroe, Oakland, Otsego, Ottawa, Saginaw, Washtenaw, and Wayne.
Guidance and Tutorials
- Online Reporting in Tier II Manager (Chapter 3 of SARA Title III Guidebook)
- SARA Title III - How to Report in Tier II Manager Tutorial (Youtube Video)
- SARA Title III - Retrieving a Username or Password in Tier II Manager Tutorial (YouTube Video)
- SARA Title III - Registering or Assuming an Account in Tier II Manager Tutorial (YouTube Video)
- SARA Title III - U.S. EPA changes to Tier II Reporting (recorded 9/20/2017)
- Updating Your Chemical's Physical and Health Hazards in the Michigan Online Tier ll Manager Program ™
- SARA Title II - How to Change Facility Status (YouTube Video)