The DEQ has primary enforcement authority in Michigan for the Federal Safe Drinking Water Act under the legislative authority of the Michigan Safe Drinking Water Act. As such, the division has regulatory oversight for all public water supplies, including approximately 1,500 community water supplies and 10,000 noncommunity water supplies. The program regulates the water well drilling industry. Michigan has nearly (1.12 million) households served by private wells, with approximately 15,000 domestic wells drilled each year. The DEQ also investigates drinking water well contamination, and oversees remedial activities at sites of groundwater contamination affecting drinking water wells.
- Operator Training and Certifications
- Certified Drinking Water Analysis Laboratories
- Operator Training and Certification Information System
- Drinking Water Analysis Laboratory
- Drinking Water Revolving Fund - DWRF