- Drinking Water Analysis Laboratory
The DEQ laboratory will be closed on the following State of Michigan holidays in December:
December 24-25 – Christmas holidays
December 31 & January 1 – New Year’s holidays
As a result, surface water samples will only be accepted for bacteriological testing on Monday December 22 or Monday December 29 during this two week period. Coliform/ E. coli testing will be performed as usual when the laboratory is open. Customers should remember that mail delays may occur during these holiday periods. If coliform and partial chemistry samples are being shipped by mail, its suggested that samples be taken no later than December 17 and shipped overnight. Samples may also be dropped off when the laboratory is open. It is recommended that samples for organic analysis (test codes CXVO, CXPT, CXHA, CXTM and CXPA) and other compliance samples be received no later than December 12 to allow time for completion before the end of the year.
The Drinking Water Analysis Laboratory offers services for the analysis of drinking water quality. These services include all physical, chemical, and microbiological testing procedures currently used for this purpose by state and local water supply programs.
- Interpretation of Test Results for Partial Chemistry
- Bottle Order Form (EQP2301)
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Sample Preservatives
- Request for Water Analysis Form EQP2300
- Drinking Water Test Fees - Effective June 1, 2010 (EQP 2301)
- Obtaining The Necessary Sampling Units
- Interpretation of Test Results
- Laboratory Sample Processing
- Drinking Water Contamination Health Risks
- Collection and Submission of Water Samples