- On October 30, 2014, the US Environmental Protection Agency announced that the White Lake Area of Concern was "delisted" or removed from the international list of Great Lakes AOCs."
White Lake is a 2,571-acre drowned river mouth situated along the shore of Lake Michigan in the west central portion of the state, in Muskegon County and is connected to the Lake Michigan by a federally maintained navigation channel. The White Lake Area of Concern boundary is described as White Lake proper and is located in Muskegon County. Historically, sediments in several areas of White Lake were contaminated with industrial discharges from leather processing and chemical companies. Nonpoint source discharges have also led to enrichment of the lake.
Maps and Documents
- White Lake Area of Concern Final Delisting Report
- White Lake Degradation of Fish and Wildlife Populations/Loss of Fish and Wildlife Habitat BUI Removal Document
- White Lake Aesthetics BUI Removal Documentation
- White Lake Drinking Water BUI Removal Documentation
- White Lake Dredging BUI Removal Documentation
- White Lake Benthos BUI Removal Documentation
- White Lake Eutrophication BUI Removal Documentation
- Muskegon/White Lake Fish Consumption BUI Removal Documentation
- White Lake Project Highlight - Shoreline Habitat Restoration
- White Lake Stage 2 Remedial Action Plan
- White Lake AOC Boundary Map
- White Lake Remedial Action Plan