Ballast Water Reporting
Ballast Water Reporting as Authorized by Section 3103 of the NREPA 1994 PA 451, as amended, requires the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) to determine whether ballast water management practices are being complied with by all vessels operating on the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence waterway.
This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/ballastwaterprogram.
- Final Section 401 Water Quality Certification for Vessel Discharges
- Ballast Water Reporting Legislation - Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act (Act 451, Part 31, Section 3103a)
- List of vessels reported as complying with the requirements of 1994 PA 451, Section 3103a of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act
- Final Determination and Notice Regarding Ballast Water Treatment for Oceangoing Vessels on the Great Lakes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ballast water management practices provided by the Shipping Federation of Canada (Attachment A)
- Ballast water management practices provided by the Lake Carriers' Association and the Canadian Shipowners' Association (Attachment B)
- Ballast Water Permit Information for Port Operations