Water Use Program
- A reminder to notify DEQ if your Large Quantity Withdrawal is different than authorized
Michigan and the other states and provinces in the Great Lakes region have each enacted laws that require major water users to report water withdrawals made within the Great Lakes Basin. This information provides an environmental baseline for managing water resources in a more integrated manner, and strengthens the legal basis for opposing unwarranted diversions of Great Lakes water. The Water Use Program is responsible for registering large quantity withdrawals, collecting annual water use data, making determinations on the potential impacts to water resources as a result of a proposed withdrawal, and issuing water withdrawal permits. This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/wateruse.
- Unreported Large Quantity Withdrawal Initiative
- Water Use Program Staff
- Water Use Advisory Council
- Need to Register a Large Quantity Withdrawal?
- Information Guide for New Large Quantity Withdrawals
- Water Withdrawal Assessment Tool
- Water Conservation Measures
- Generic Water Conservation Measures
- Water Withdrawal Assessment Tool registration requests
- Water Withdrawal Assessment Process, FY2016 Annual Report