Michigan's wetlands law recognizes the important benefits provided by wetlands and their vital role in recreation, tourism, and the economy. Over thirty years ago, Michigan was the first state, and remains one of only two states, to have received authorization from the federal government to administer the federal wetland program. Because of this approval, wetlands, lakes, and streams permits issued by DEQ under state law also provide federal approval. This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/wetlands
- What are wetlands and why are they important?
- Are there wetlands on my property?
- How are wetlands identified?
- State and Federal Wetland Regulations
- Local Wetland Regulations
- Wetland Permits
- Wetland Identification Program
- Pre-application Meeting - Wetlands and Inland Lakes and Streams
- Wetland Mitigation
- Wetland Mitigation Banking
- Great Lakes Shoreline Management
- Wetland Restoration and Watershed Planning