close print view
MBP3 Mission and Goals
The mission of the Michigan Business Pollution Prevention Partnership (MBP3) is to advance pollution prevention activities in the State of Michigan by encouraging businesses to initiate and expand their current P2 practices and by providing public recognition for their individual efforts. The partnership promotes the application of cost effective, innovative techniques which lead to reductions in waste. Source reduction is the key to sustainable business, however, reuse and recycling efforts remain an important aspect to overall success.
The Goals of the Partnership
- Increase membership and participation by facilitating continued growth of MBP3.
- Introduce initiatives, publications, and/or outreach activities directed toward a specific industry sector when it becomes represented by 10 MBP3 partners.
- Develop and distribute case studies with MBP3 partners. This is an important aspect of the partnership in that it helps to promote the transfer of technology.
- Increase general marketing and outreach efforts targeted to specific associations/organizations that represent large groups of businesses or other entities (e.g. trade associations, professional organizations).
- Promote pollution prevention information and technologies through all means available (e.g. meetings, mailings, workshops, conferences, email offerings, website development).
- Conduct a number of MBP3 Workshops each calendar year. These workshops may be held at member facilities, state conference centers, or outside locations. The workshops feature partners speaking about their success stories or sharing innovative ideas.
- Develop and implement additional electronic mailings and Internet-based solutions. These activities will lead to a "paperless" program, save time and money, and increase overall efficiency.
- Focus efforts to further integrate MBP3 program objectives with other applicable P2 partnerships and programs (e.g. EPP, Printer Buyer, EMS, C3)