The DEQ promotes and seeks active participation by the public in DEQ activities, and in our shared goal of preserving and enhancing our environment. We have established this page to provide easy access to information that will assist you in becoming involved in DEQ decisions and activities of interest, and in finding information for your personal use and benefit. We will be adding additional information and links as they become available. Please send a note to the DEQ Webmaster if you have suggestions on what we should include on this page, or other comments.
- DEQ Citizen Involvement Resources
- Public Involvement Handbook
- Part 31 of the NREPA and Water Bureau Programs
- DEQ Calendar (includes public hearings and meetings, trainings, and events)
DEQ Calendar App
- Pleasant Peninsulas Newsletters
- Guide to DEQ Divisions and Offices
- Sign up for email updates from the DEQ.
- Follow us on Twitter @MichiganDEQ.
- Homeowners/Citizens Environmental Resources
- DEQ Program-Specific Citizen Involvement Resources
- A Citizens Guide to Water Quality Permitting: Understanding the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Program and Its Role in Michigan (Tip of the Mitt Watershed Council) (pdf, new 11/17/2005)
- Michigan Wetlands: Yours to Protect. A Citizen's Guide to Local Involvement in Wetland Protection. Second Edition
- A Citizen's Guide to Participation in Michigan's Air Pollution Control Program
- Community Right to Know
- Saginaw Bay Coastal Initiative
- Michigan Clean Water Corps (MiCorps)
This is a volunteer monitoring program page; it provides program information including active groups in your area.
- Watershed Groups in Michigan
- State of Michigan Resources