Stormwater, Asset Management, and Wastewater (SAW)
- UPDATE: As of March 21, 2014, no new SAW grant or loan applications will be accepted as the amount of approved applications exceed the $450M available in the SAW program.
- The SAW lottery has been held. The link includes a list of successful SAW applicants, in funding order, per the lottery process. $97 million is available for SAW funding in fiscal year 2014. As additional funding becomes available, projects will be funded in the order as listed. SAW Funding
- 673 applications totaling $541M were received on December 2, 2013. Any applications received after December 2 will not be reviewed until all previously received applications have been reviewed and follow-up contact made if necessary.
- New legislation establishing grants for asset management plan development, stormwater plan development, sewage collection and treatment plan development, and state-funded loans to construct projects identified in the asset management plans.
- Grants have $2M cap per community. First million has 10-percent local match; second million has 25-percent local match. The local match is not eligible for loan assistance.
Communities that are considered disadvantaged by the DEQ, in receivership, operating under an emergency manager, or operating under a consent agreement under the Local Government Fiscal Responsibility Act can receive a 100-percent grant with no local match required. Additionally, these communities can expend up to $500,000 in grant funds for the construction of projects identified in an asset management plan.
Laws & Regulations
February 5, 2013, Meeting Minutes
February 27, 2013, Meeting Minutes
March 20, 2013, Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2013, Meeting Minutes
May 1, 2013, Meeting Minutes
May 22, 2013 Meeting Minutes
June 12, 2013 Meeting Minutes
July 10, 2013 Meeting MInutes
July 31, 2013 Meeting Minutes
August 21, 2013 Meeting Minutes