Introduction to Hazardous Waste Regulations Webinars (Recordings)Contact: 517-284-6870 Agency: Environmental Quality
Introduction to Hazardous Waste Regulations Webinars (recordings)
The DEQ's Introduction to Hazardous Waste Regulations webinar series is designed to help you understand and comply with the hazardous waste regulations. Each webinar is approximately 1 hour and is hosted by the DEQ's Office of Environmental Assistance and presented by staff with the DEQ, Hazardous Waste Program.
MDEQ Hazardous Waste Generator Webinar - Self Certification
This form may be used to document the dates the webinars below were viewed to satisfy a training requirement under the hazardous waste regulations.
Hazardous Waste Characterization and Generator Status (recorded Mar 4, 2015, 72 min)
This is the 1st webinar in the Introduction to Hazardous Regulations Webinar Series. During this webinar you will learn how to determine if a waste is considered a hazardous waste, liquid industrial by-products (formerly liquid industrial waste), or non-hazardous solid waste; and how to use that determination to calculate a site's generator status. These concepts are vital to understanding how to properly manage and dispose of waste.
- Download Webinar presentation slides
- Download Webinar Notes
- Download Waste Characterization Steps and Questions
- Download Optional Waste Characterization Record Form
Hazardous Waste Generator Accumulation, Storage, and Labeling Requirements (recorded 3/11/15, 71 min)
This is the 2nd webinar in the Introduction to Hazardous Regulations Webinar Series. This webinar provides an overview of the requirements associated with onsite hazardous waste management, including: accumulation limits and timelines, storage requirements for hazardous waste in designated storage areas and satellite containers, container labeling requirements, closed container requirements, and Subpart CC requirements.
- Download presentation slides
- Download Webinar notes
- Hazardous Waste Generator Recordkeeping & Inspections (recorded 3/19/15, 63 min.) This is the 3rd webinar in the Introduction to Hazardous Regulations Webinar Series. This webinar provides an overview of the records that a hazardous waste generator is required to maintain, including waste characterizations, monthly waste inventory, uniform manifests, and land disposal restriction notifications. The webinar also provides an overview of what to expect during a DEQ hazardous waste inspection.
- Download webinar presentation slides
- Download webinar notes
Waste to By-Products - Reforms to Part 121 of the Michigan Natural and Environmental Protection Act (recorded 3/1/16, 90 min)
This webinar provides attendees with an overview of the Part 121, Liquid Industrial By-Products statutory changes and other conforming statutory amendments enacted under Acts 224, 225, and 226 of 2015. This webinar will be beneficial to anyone who manages non-hazardous liquid industrial by-products from a business or institution.
This webinar attendees learn the basics about Michigan’s universal waste regulations. Attendees will learn why the universal waste regulations exist, what a universal waste is, and how universal waste must be handled and disposed to meet the universal waste partial exemption from hazardous waste regulation.