Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator CertificationContact: Earl Wuestnick 517-284-5487
Municipal wastewater certification examinations are offered twice a year, usually in May and November. Certification is offered for Class A, B, C, D, L1, L2, and SC. Education and experience requirements for each of the classifications are described in the Certification Board Policy. The semester hour credits required at the A and B classifications may be earned from colleges and universities or by successfully completing the appropriate courses from the list of Board Approved Semester Hour Equivalent (SHE) Courses.
- EXAM DATE: 5/4/2017
- Application Deadline Date: 3/20/2017
- Download the Application - Word version for Fill-in
- Download the Application - PDF for Fill-in or Printing
- Application Instructions
- Exam study guide Class A - treatment facility serving or designed to serve a population of 50,000 or more
- Exam study guide Class B - treatment facility serving or designed to serve a population of 10,000 to 50,000
- Exam study guide Class C and D - treatment facility serving or designed to serve a population less than 10,000
- Exam study guide Class L1 and L2 - treatment facility utilizing waste stabilization lagoon process
- Exam study guide Class SC - special classification
CERTIFICATION RENEWAL: To renew a certificate, the certified operator must submit a renewal application and provide proof of approved continuing education credits (CECs) earned during the renewal cycle. These should be submitted 4 to 6 weeks before the certificate expiration date. To renew an A or B certificate, the certified operator shall have completed, during the renewal cycle, not less than 2.4 CECs of board-approved continuing education training. Not less than 0.6 CECs of the training shall be technical training and not less than 0.6 CECs of the training shall be managerial training. To renew a Class C, D, L2, or L1 certificate, the certified operator shall have completed, during the renewal cycle, not less than 1.2 CECs of board-approved continuing education training. For Class C certification renewal, no more than 0.6 CECs of training in the non-managerial, non-technical category may be used to meet the continuing education requirement. There are no continuing education requirements for a class "SC" certificate. Please refer to the following documents for more information.
Notice: Certification examinations and renewals now have fees. Complete fee information can be obtained on the Operator Certification & Training Fees Fact Sheet.
Municipal Wastewater Certification Renewal Application
The Municipal Wastewater Treatment Certification section of Act 451, Part 41