Gelman Sciences, Inc. Site of Contamination Information Page
To receive information updates, please join our DEQ-Gelman Listserv.
This DEQ operated web page is intended to provide current and historical information on the investigation and remediation of groundwater contamination in Scio Township and the west part of the city of Ann Arbor in Washtenaw County.
The links below include the most current information on each topic, and all previous information for each topic follows the most recent posting.
- List of Recent Documents Provided to Information Repositories
- Gelman Summary of Recent Activities and Response Actions - 2017
- Selected Documents
- NPDES Permit
- Recent Analytical Data
- Periodic DEQ E-mail Updates
- DEQ Gelman Access Database (Data through September 2017)
- May 2009 Proposed Modifications of Consent Judgment and Court Orders Regarding the Gelman Sciences, Inc. site
- March 2007 PZ Fact Sheet
- July 2005 Fact Sheet: Prohibition Zone to Restrict Use of Groundwater
- March 2005 Fact Sheet: Proposed Zone to Restrict Use of Groundwater
- July 2004 Gelman Fact Sheet
- March 2004 Bulletin
- PLS May 2015 Monitoring Well Base Map
- March 2011 Groundwater Restriction Prohibition Zone
- PLS March 2011 Monitoring Well Base Map
- Public Comment/Meeting Schedule/Agenda
- Documents Currently Under Review
- DEQ March 30, 2011 Public Meeting Presentation
- DNRE August 2004 Unit E Public Comment
- DNRE July 2004 Public Hearing
- Information Repository Locations
- List of all Documents Provided to Information Repositories
NEW: The above link opens an Excel spreadsheet updated with documents provided as of March 30, 2011. The "System" names have been updated to reflect changes/additions related to the Third Amendment to Consent Judgment (effective March 8, 2011). The former "Western System" has been renamed "Little Lake Area System". Two new systems will replace the previous system nomenclature: "Western Area System" (west of Wagner Road) and "Eastern Area System" (east of Wagner Road). No documents will be added under the following system names: Core, Evergreen (EG), Marshy, Soils, Spray Irrigation Field (Spray) or Unit E. For documents posted after March 30, 2011, see: "List of Recent Documents Provided to Information Repositories" under "What's New").