Unreported Large Quantity Withdrawal Initiative
Unreported Large Quantity Withdrawal (LQW) Initiative
The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) has an Unreported LQW Initiative between now and April 1, 2018. This is an effort to identify LQWs that have not been registered with the State of Michigan and have not had their annual water use reported. Both actions are required by Part 327, Great Lakes Preservation, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended. Part 327 required property owners with existing LQWs to report their LQWs and water use to either the DEQ or the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development by April 1, 2009.
The Unreported LQW Initiative is an opportunity for property owners who didn't register LQWs that were in operation prior to October 1, 2008 to register them now with the DEQ. The opportunity to participate in the Unreported LQW Initiative ends April 1, 2018. To be eligible, property owners must be able to document the location, rated pump capacity, and operation of the LQW prior to October 1, 2008.
- Information Sheet
- List of Historical Aerial Photo Sources
- Michigan DNR Aerial Imagery Archive, http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10371_14546---,00.html
- Michigan State University Remote Sensing & Geographic Information Systems Aerial Imagery Archive, http://www.rsgis.msu.edu/aerial_archive/index.php
- U.S. Department of Agriculture, Farm Service Agency, National Agriculture Imagery Program, Geospatial Data Gateway, https://gdg.sc.egov.usda.gov/
- Google Earth, free software download with available historical aerial imagery https://www.google.com/earth/