Over 1,200 campgrounds are regulated by staff of the Campgrounds and Pools Unit. Staff responsibilities include the following:
- Preliminary site evaluation to determine feasibility of development and limitations.
- Plan review and design approval for new construction or modifications of existing campgrounds.
- Permits for construction or modifications.
- Pre-licensing inspections of approved construction.
- Regulatory oversight for licensing and enforcement of 1,200 campgrounds in the State of Michigan.