Part 41 Wastewater Construction Permits
The Water Resources Division has responsibility for processing Wastewater Construction Permit Applications under the authority of Part 41, Sewerage Systems, of the Natural Resources and Environmental Protection Act, 1994 PA 451, as amended.
The purpose of this permit is to ensure that plans and specifications for wastewater facilities are complete with regard to the minimum requirements and that the proposed construction is acceptable with regard to accepted design standards for wastewater facilities to protect the public health and the environment.
The permit application has been updated as of April 2014. Select the "Part 41 Permit Application" Link under the Permit Application heading below to download the permit application.This page can be accessed as www.mi.gov/part41
- Part 41 - Sewerage Systems Permit Approval Policy
- Part 41 Staff Map
- Nongovernmental Ownership Checklist on Privately Owned, Public Systems
- Expedited Application Review Information
- Professional Engineers Rules and Act 299 of 1980 (occupation code)
- Recommend Standards for Wastewater Facilities
- EPA Reliability Criteria
- Streamline Permit Program Description