For over a decade, many of the world's largest corporations have produced voluntary environmental and sustainability reports. The most common reason has been to assure stakeholders--employees, investors, customers--that the company takes environmental and social matters seriously and acts responsibly. Sustainability is about people: How to foster a robust workforce and strong communities. Sustainability addresses innovation: How to spark it, nurture it, and protect it. Sustainability focuses on values: Inspired by faith, family, personal commitment... on the built environment and on markets. And Sustainability is also about natural resources: How to use, renew, and account for environmental capital. Immediately below are portals for sustainability reports on multinational companies followed by links for sustainability reports for companies with locations in Michigan. Global Reporting Initiative
- The global reporting initiative provides a common framework for sustainability reporting. The Global Reporting Initiative's (GRI) vision is that reporting on economic, environmental, and social performance by all organizations becomes as routine and comparable as financial reporting. GRI accomplishes this vision by developing, continually improving, and building capacity around the use of its Sustainability Reporting Framework. An international network of thousands from business, civil society, labor, and professional institutions create the content of the Reporting Framework in a consensus-seeking process.
Portal for Sustainability Reports - Portal for sustainability reports of multinational companies all over the world. You can download environmental, social, CSR and sustainability reports or you may order the hard copy version and receive it for free at home. You can browse the reports by sector, country or alphabetically by using the buttons on the top bar.
- BASF is an international chemical company which produces industrial performance chemicals, plastics, agricultural products, biotechnology, and oil/gas products. Their resources include links to sustainability prizes/awards, economic, environmental and social data; and the BASF corporate report.
- BP is a major global energy company that provides transportation and heating fuels, retail services, petrochemical products, and renewable/alternative energy solutions. The Environment and Society webpage includes links to case studies, company climate change initiatives, responsible operation data, and community development programs.
- Ford Motor company places a high priority on achieving long-term sustainability. This website includes links to the Ford Sustainability Report, which details corporate accountability, environment, community, safety, and financial measures taken to achieve triple bottom line objectives.
- General Motors is committed to achieving economic, environmental, and social sustainability in its business operations. This website includes links to the corporate responsibility report, which describes GM's corporate governance practices, awards, investor information, and data on environmental, social, and economic performance.
- Haworth, a producer of furnishings, strives to achieve sustainability through its workplace and product design, energy management, green transportation, waste and emissions, green building and sustainable site management, and social responsibility practices. Website links include the sustainability report, environmental awards and programs, and related environmental publications.
- Holcim, a leading supplier of cement and aggregates and ready-mix concrete and asphalt, pursues its commitment to sustainability through its corporate practices. Website includes links to economic and environmental performance data, stakeholder relations, case studies, awards, corporate governance, management systems, and Cement Sustainability Initiative.
- Masco, the largest U.S. manufacturer of kitchen and bath cabinetry, pursues its sustainability commitment throughout the corporation. Masco's Environmental Policy webpage details its Cabinet Forestry Policy, Kitchen Cabinet Initiatives, Health, Safety, and Environmental Affairs Policy, corporate sustainability report and related environmental performance resources.
- The Shell Group, one of the world's largest oil, gas, and petrochemical companies, researches innovative new fuel and energy technologies and methods for meeting global energy demand in sustainable ways. Website resources include the Shell Sustainable Development Report, which addresses issues such as energy security.
- Suncor is an integrated North American energy company working to develop a wide range of fuel and energy technologies including oil sands, natural gas, petroleum products and petrochemicals, and alternative/renewable fuels such as wind power and ethanol. Web resources include a full sustainability report and links to related information on oil sands development, awards, community investment, renewable energy, and climate change.