- MDEQ Minute - Proper Drug Disposal
Got a minute? Learn how to safely get rid of the extra medication in your home. Got a few minutes? Check out www.michigan.gov/deqdrugdisposal for more information about safe disposal of unwanted medications.
- Registration open for Michigan Waste and Materials Management Conference!
Join us to learn about hazardous waste, solid waste, and liquid industrial by-product regulations. Hear about important state-wide regulatory changes, emerging issues, and the practicalities of using unwanted materials as a resource to promote economic vitality, ecological integrity, and an improved quality of life for current and future generations.
December 13-14, Novi, Michigan
- Brownfield Flip - Capital City Riverfront
When Lansing, Michigan revitalized its riverfront, its biggest challenge was an obsolete power plant in the heart of downtown. Its redevelopment, with help from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, changed the riverfront and the city. Now headquarters for an insurance company, the brownfield redevelopment created jobs, attracted new talent to Lansing, and built a thriving neighborhood. Check out this video to learn more about this brownfield redevelopment. #mibrownfields
- The DEQ is exploring new ways to increase Michigan's recycling rate.
- MIair: Air Quality Network
The Air Quality Division operates a comprehensive air monitoring network to determine the quality of Michigan's ambient air.
- Michigan's Office of the Great Lakes Awards Grant Funding for Coastal Initiatives
- Nearly $400,000 in Grants Awarded to Community Water Systems
- Blighted Industrial Facility near Detroit River to Use $1 Million for Redevelopment
- State Agencies Call for Immediate Repair of Damage to Coating on Straits Pipeline
- See How the Cleanup of an Old Power Plant Sparked a Downtown Transformation; Lansing's riverfront featured in new video
- EPA and MDEQ Announce Funding for Environmental Cleanup; Velsicol Superfund Site, St. Louis, Michigan MORE NEWS