Training resources are available to help you provide the best care possible.
If you are applying for a license to provide in-home child care, orientation is mandatory. You will be scheduled for orientation after you have submitted a complete application. If space is available, current family home registrants and group home licensees may be able to attend an orientation session as a refresher. Please contact your licensing consultant regarding this option.
If you operate a child care center, orientation is available several times a year. If you would like to attend an orientation session, please contact your licensing consultant for availability information.Presentations used at our orientation sessions are available here:
- Orientation for Family and Group Child Care Homes
- Orientation for Child Care Centers
We encourage you to look into the training resources provided to help you enhance your skills and knowledge. Complete the Reducing the Risk of SIDS training or watch the Tomorrow's Child Infant Safe Sleep Video to fulfill infant safe sleep training requirements. Watch the Never, Never Shake a Baby Video to fulfill shaken baby syndrome training requirements.
Infant Safe Sleep and Shaken Baby Syndrome
- Online Training on Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers At the login screen, enter your User ID and password and click Go. First time users will need to click the Create New User button and complete the Create New User pop-up. Once logged in, locate the "Infant Safe Sleep for Child Care Providers" course (Catalog ID: I0200) and click the Launch Course icon to the left of the course name.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Licensing Rules Related to Infant Safe Sleep
- Infant Safe Sleep Video - Tomorrow's Child
- Learn More about Infant Safe Sleep
- Shaken Baby Syndrome Brochure
- Never, Never Shake a Baby From the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services