Skip Navigation
Michigan Department of Human, Official Website for the State of Michigan Home
close print view

Unlicensed Providers

Unlicensed Child Care Provider are adults, age 18 or older, who are enrolled to provide child care for up to four children at a time (or six children, if all children are siblings or living at the same address). Unlicensed providers can provide care in their own home or the child's home if they are related by blood, marriage or adoption as a:
  • Grandparent/Great-grandparent.
  • Aunt/Great aunt.
  • Uncle/Great uncle.
  • Sibling.

Unlicensed Child Care Providers who are not related to the child can only provide care in the child's home.

You must meet requirements and apply to become an unlicensed provider in order to receive assistance payments for a child that you care for.

• Child Development and Care Unlicensed Provider Application

• CDC sin licencia de la aplicacion para proveedores PDF icon

• Provider Billing and Payment Resources

QR code Home
Michigan Survey

Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan