Skip Navigation
Michigan Department of Human, Official Website for the State of Michigan Home
close print view

Am I Eligible for Child Care Assistance?

You may qualify for Michigan's Child Development and Care Program if you need child care for:

  • Family preservation
  • High school completion
  • Participation in an approved activity
  • Employment


Eligible Providers


Child care must be provided by a:

  • Child care center or group child care home - licensed by DHS, Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing
  • Family child care home - registered by DHS, Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing
  • Unlicensed provider - enrolled by the local DHS office or CDC Policy

For Licensing information, go to Doing Business With DHS > Licensing > Child Care

Related Content
 •  Income Eligibility Chart
 •  Apply for Child Care Assistance
 •  Child Development and Care (CDC) Handbook PDF icon
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan