Skip Navigation
Michigan Department of Human, Official Website for the State of Michigan Home
close print view
I'm ready to begin the adoption process. What should I do first?
Families and individuals interested in adoption must be approved through a family assessment (also known as the adoption home study) before a child can be placed in their home. The family assessment must be completed by a licensed child-placing agency. (Licensed child-placing agency is a private adoption agency or a local Department of Human Services).

FAQ Categories
 •  General Questions
 •  Adoption
 •  Child Care Fund: General
 •  Child Care Fund: Monitoring Changes
 •  Complaints
 •  Customer Resources
 •  Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT)
 •  Emergency Needs
 •  Equal Opportunity
 •  Family Independence Program (FIP)
 •  Foster Care
 •  Foster Care Age 18-21
 •  Home Heating Credit - Department of Treasury
 •  Legislative Services - Top Constituent Questions Answered
 •  Native American Affairs
 •  Safe Delivery
 •  State Disability Assistance (SDA)
 •  Weatherization
QR code Home
PoliciesMichigan Survey

Copyright © 2014 State of Michigan