Penn Treaty and American Network Liquidation Information for Michigan Consumers
- As of March 1, 2017, Penn Treaty and American Network are in liquidation.
- State guaranty associations will provide coverage for all policyholders residing in the United States.
- The guaranty associations have contracted to use the existing Penn Treaty computer systems, policy/claims records, and staff to administer the policies, either directly or through LTC Reinsurance PCC (“LTC Re”).
- To be eligible for guaranty association coverage, it is very important that you continue paying your policy premiums in full and on time.
- The process used to ask policy questions and for claim submissions remains unchanged.
Penn Treaty created a web page about the liquidation. For more information visit www.penntreaty.com/Liquidation/LiquidationQuestions.
An information page was also created by the Michigan Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association at www.milifega.org.
If you still have questions, you can contact our office at 877-999-6442.