What should I never hear from an insurance agent or an insurance company?
Michigan law makes it illegal for an insurance company or an insurance agent to do certain things. We want to know if you are told any of the following statements as you talk with an agent or a representative of a company. Call us immediately toll free at 877-999-6442 if you're ever told any of the following (in a very limited number of circumstances these statements might not be illegal, but our office can verify this for you):
- We do not write in that area
- We are not taking any new customers
- We do not have an agent in your area
- We cannot write your auto insurance unless you insure your home with us
- You are not eligible for a policy with our company (no explanation of ineligibility is provided), but we can place you with the MAIPF.