Eligibility for Grand Rapids Home for VeteransEligibility
- Honorable discharged Veteran
- Served at least 90 days of active duty
- Veterans who enlisted after September 7, 1980 or entered active duty after October 16, 1981 must have served 24 continuous months or the full period for which they are called to active duty.
- Subject to space and certain other requirements, a spouse, widow or widower of an eligible Veteran.
- Michigan residency is not required.
- World War ll : beginning December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946
- Cold war, Korean Conflict Vietnam War or Persian Gulf War beginning December 31, 1946 to present
Admissions staff, at each home, is available to answer questions about eligibility, or you may email DMVA-Admissions@michigan.gov.
Grand Rapids Home for Veterans Admissions
3000 Monroe Avenue, NE
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
Vickie McCabe, Admissions Office
Shelly Wyman, RN RAC-CT, Admissions Nurse
D.J. Jacobetti Home for Veterans Admissions
425 Fisher Street
Marquette, MI 49855
Karla Bressette, Admissions Office
906-226-3576, ext. 311