Michigan Veterans Homeowners Assistance Program (MiVHAP)
- The Michigan Attorney General targeted funds from the National Mortgage Settlement to assist Military Service Members and Veterans with issues related to the foreclosure crisis.
The Michigan Veterans Trust Fund state office staff members will administer funding assistance to prevent foreclosure. Grants are subject to approval based on program criteria.
The MiVHAP will provide financial grant assistance to Active military service members; Reserve, Air and Army National Guard, and honorably discharged Veterans living or having lived in a home in Michigan.
The MiVHAP may assist with residual effects related to the foreclosure crisis, since 2006.
Eligible surviving spouses of military service members, whose deaths have been deemed to be combat related since 2006, may also be provided financial assistance.
Point of Contact
MI Veterans Trust Fund - MiVHAP
P.O. Box 30104
Lansing, MI 48909
- MiVHAP Program Information
- MiVHAP Application Instructions
- MiVHAP Fillable Application
- MiVHAP Non-Fillable Application