Commercial Hunting Guides on State Land

In 2012, all commercial hunting guides utilizing state-owned lands must receive written authorization. Guides are also required to meet the conditions of the written authorization.

If you are a guide who utilizes state-owned lands, please visit the DNR website at or contact Casey Reitz at or 517-284-6210 for more information.

Commercial guiding on National Forest (NF) lands requires a federal special use permit. Applications can be obtained through any NF office or by calling - Hiawatha NF: 906-428-5800; Huron-Manistee NF: 231-775-5023; or Ottawa NF: 906-932-1330.