Identifying Michigan Fish
- Fish Identification Tool
- Fish Stocking Database
- Identifying Great Lakes Salmon & Trout: Atlantic, Chinook, Coho, Rainbow (Steelhead), Brown
Anglers on the Great Lakes have the opportunity to catch a variety of fish species - including many different salmon and trout. Often times these species can look very similar to one another.
- Identifying and Finding Michigan Fishes (Michigan Fishes Atlas)
These maps show distributions of fish in Michigan, both historical and current.
- Lake Sturgeon in Michigan Learn all about Michigan's most historically significant fish species!
- Michigan Fish and Their Common Names
- Michigan Grayling Only a Memory
"You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone," sang Joni Mitchell, a folksinger from the '60s.
- Mudpuppies Mudpuppies are actually salamanders, large, permanently aquatic salamanders.
- Search Master Angler Entries Michigan Master Angler Awards are the records provided by proud anglers. Anyone that thinks they've caught the really big one, may enter their catch and maybe even beat the state record!
- Atlantic Salmon, Salmo salar
- Bait Fish (Minnows)
- Bluegill, Lepomis macrochirus
- Bowfin, Amia calva
- Brook Trout, Salvelinus fontinalis
- Brown Bullhead, Ameiurus nebulosus
- Brown Trout, Salmo trutta
- Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus
- Chinook Salmon, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha
- Cisco (Lake Herring), Coregonus artedi
- Coho Salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch
- Common Carp, Cyprinus carpio
- Crayfish (various)
- Invasive Carp
- Lake Sturgeon, Acipenser fulvescens
- Lake Trout, Salvelinus namaycush
- Lake Whitefish, Coregonus clupeaformis
- Largemouth Bass, Micropterus salmoides
- Menominee, Prosopium cylindraceum
- Muskellunge, Esox masquinongy
- Northern Pike, Esox lucius
- Pink Salmon, Oncorhynchus gorbuscha
- Rainbow Smelt, Osmerus mordax
- Rock Bass, Ambloplites rupestris
- Smallmouth Bass, Micropterus dolomieu
- Steelhead, Oncorhynchus mykiss
- Walleye, Sander vitreus
- White Bass, Morone chrysops
- White Sucker,
Longnose Sucker, Catostomus catostomus
- Yellow Perch, Perca flavescens