Alpena Fisheries Research Station
- Alpena Fisheries Research Station Staff & Contact Information
- Commercial Trapnets in Central Lake Huron
- History of the Alpena Fisheries Research Station
The Alpena Great Lakes Fisheries Research Station is part of the Research Section of the Michigan DNR's Fisheries Division. The station conducts research on the fisheries of the Great Lakes principally on Lake Huron from Port Huron, MI to Sault Ste. Marie, MI.
- Lake Trout Hooking Mortality Study
The goal of this study is to assess the effects of hooking and handling on survival of recreationally caught lake trout that are released. This study will be conducted over the next 5 years.
- Publications on trout and salmon of Lake Huron by Alpena Fishery Research Station