- Michigan's Recreation Passport is one way you can show your support for outdoor recreation and help preserve green spaces for future generations.Did you buy your annual Recreation Passport? Follow this link to see a sample showing the "P" on the tab and the "Recreation Passport" on the vehicle registration.
It is good until your next renewal date.
- Map of Parks, Forests and TrailsYou are never more than half an hour from a Michigan State Park, State Forest Campground, State Recreation Area or State trail system. Use this map to find a facility suitable to your camping and recreation needs!
- Search for your ideal State Park or Forest CampgroundSearch by county or by the activity you're looking for. Discover a campsite perfect for a tent or an RV, find the perfect fishing hole, or discover a new pathway or trail for hiking, biking, snowmobiling and more. Click here to view ADA accessible camping options at Michigan state parks.
- Friends of the State ParksFriends groups are nonprofit organizations that play an invaluable role in helping to preserve Michigan state parks and recreation areas by helping provide fundraising, recruiting volunteers, leading restoration projects and providing educational programming for the public.
- Check out the new and Improved Campground Reservation SystemIn November 2013, the Department of Natural Resources launched a new, improved campground reservation system (CRS) that manages state park and harbor reservations. Features included in the new reservation system include:
- Site specific reservations all the time.
- Broad search capabilities on the web - know when you want to camp but don't know where to go? - You will now be able to search for availability by region.
- Wonder what that campsite looks like? - You will be able to see campsite photos
- Campsite Amenities and FeesA full list of the various campsite amenities and fees in Michigan State Parks, Recreation Areas and State Forest Campgrounds.
- Passport Perks ProgramDo you already have your Recreation Passport? Do you like to save money? Visit www.michigan.gov/passportperks to learn more about the Passport Perks program, one of the state's largest discount programs. The list of participating businesses continues to grow, so check back often!
Events & Activities
- This is the year to get Fresh Air Fit! The DNR is teaming up with fitness instructors statewide to put the "out" back into workout! Pilates on the beach, yoga in the woods, and sunrise Tai Chi are just a few of the group fitness programs available through the Fresh Air Fit campaign. New programs are added monthly, so check here often for a complete list of fitness classes in state parks.
- Recreation 101Recreation 101 is a year-round GO-Get Outdoors program that recruits top instructors and sports equipment vendors to provide free or inexpensive hands-on lessons. The goal is to provide the novice sportsman with enough skill and knowledge to begin a new activity.
- Park & ReadThe MI Big Green Gym partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield, the Michigan Recreation and Park Association, and the DNR is putting free state park passes in libraries throughout Michigan.
- For a Complete List of Events and Activities, Visit the GO Get Outdoors Page