General Camping Information
- ADA accessible camping options at Michigan state parks Michigan state parks offer a variety of ADA accessible cabins, campsites and overnight lodging options.
- Michigan DNR's Campground Reservation System In November 2013, the Department of Natural Resources launched a new, improved campground reservation system (CRS) that manages state park and harbor reservations. Features included in the new reservation system include:
- Site-specific reservations all the time
- Broad search capabilities including searching for availability by region
- Campsite photos
- Definitions of DNR Recreational Facilities
- State parks open for winter camping A number of state parks are open for winter camping.
- Camping Hints Find out what it takes to be a prepared camper.
- Get information about the amenities, campgrounds and activities at the state parks Find out what forests and parks have campgrounds.
- Permission to Use State Lands
- State land rules
- Interactive Map Search for state forest campgrounds, state parks and state trail system using this interactive map.
- Campfire Tips Always follow safe campfire practices to prevent them from starting a wildfire. Remember, you can be held responsible for the cost of putting the fire out if it escapes and for any property damage.
- Black Mountain Forest Recreation Area Straddled between Cheboygan and Presque Isle Counties, just north of Black Lake, Black Mountain Recreation area pathway system provides a ton of recreational opportunities!
- State Forest Campgrounds Find out what experiences a forest camping trip offers.
- Dispersed Camping Strike out on your own, and try camping off the beaten path by getting your own Dispersed Camping Permit.
- State Forest Camping Registration Information Registration takes place at the state forest campground.
State Park Campgrounds
- 2014 Parks and Recreation Division Campground Schedule
- Parks and Recreation Areas State Land Use Rules IC 3003-1
- Metal Detecting in State Parks Metal Detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreational activity.
- State Park Camping Registration Information Here are the basic steps to register for your state park campsite.
- Campsite Amenities and Fees A full list of the various campsite amenities and fees in Michigan state parks, recreation areas and state forest campgrounds. Please note that camping fees will increase beginning Nov. 1, 2014.
- Pets in State Park Campgrounds and at Boating Access Sites Pets are welcome at most state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites with the appropriate precautions to ensure their safety and that of other visitors.
- Alcohol Limits in State Parks and at Boating Access Sites Find out where alcohol possession and use is limited in state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites.
- Online Campground Reservations Find out how the State Park Reservation System works for you.