General Camping Information
- Check out the new and Improved Campground Reservation SystemIn November 2013, the Department of Natural Resources launched a new, improved campground reservation system (CRS) that manages state park and harbor reservations. Features included in the new reservation system include:
- Site specific reservations all the time.
- Broad search capabilities on the web - know when you want to camp but don't know where to go? - You will now be able to search for availability by region.
- Wonder what that campsite looks like? - You will be able to see campsite photos
- Definitions of DNR Recreational Facilities
- State Parks Open for Winter CampingA number of State Parks and Recreation Areas are open for winter camping.
- Camping HintsFind out what it takes to be a prepared camper.
- Get information about your favorite State Campground, Park or Recreational Area or for all of them!Find out what forests and parks have campgrounds.
- Permission to Use State Lands
- Use Of State-Owned Lands Administered By The Department of Natural Resources Procedure and Procedure 26.04-04
- Interactive MapSearch for Forest Campground, State Parks, State Recreation Area or State trail system using this interactive map.
- Campfire Tips Always follow safe campfire practices to prevent them from starting a wildfire. Remember, you can be held responsible for the cost of putting the fire out if it escapes and for any property damage.
- Black Mountain Forest Recreation AreaStraddled between Cheboygan and Presque Isle Counties, just north of Black Lake, Black Mountain Recreation area pathway system provides a ton of recreational opportunities!
- State Forest CampgroundsFind out what experiences a forest camping trip offers.
- Dispersed CampingStrike out on your own, and try camping off the beaten path by getting your own Dispersed Camping Permit.
- State Forest Camping Registration InformationRegistration takes place at the state forest campground.
State Park Campgrounds
- 2013 Parks and Recreation Division Campground Schedule
- Metal Detecting in State ParksMetal Detecting is recognized as a legitimate recreational activity.
- State Park Camping Registration InformationHere are the basic steps to register for your state park campsite.
- Campsite Amenities and FeesA full list of the various campsite amenities and fees in Michigan State Parks, Recreation Areas and State Forest Campgrounds.
- Pets in State Park Campgrounds and at Boating Access SitesPets are welcome at most state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites with the appropriate precautions to ensure their safety and that of other visitors.
- Alcohol Limits in State Parks and at Boating Access SitesFind out where alcohol possession and use is limited in state parks, recreation areas and boating access sites.
- Online Campground ReservationsFind out how the State Park Reservation System works for you.