Snowmobiling in Michigan
- Subscribe to Snowmobile Trails updates from Michigan DNR
- NEW: Snowmobile Trail Easement Grant
- Michigan is known by snowmobilers nationwide for its unique combination of abundant and dependable snow, exciting terrain and extensive trail network.
More than 6,200 miles of designated snowmobile trails are located throughout the state of Michigan forests, three national forests and many acres of privately owned lands. Michigan is one of only three states that offer a large system of interconnected snowmobile trails. Approximately 50% of the snowmobile trail system is located on private lands; 20% federal lands; 25% state lands; and 5% other public lands.
More than 150 grooming tractors are used by more than 65 grant program sponsors to groom the 6,200-mile trail system.
Michigan Snowmobile Trail Maps
Please note that these reports are hosted by third parties and provided for the convenience of our customers. The DNR has no control over the accuracy of content posted at these sites:
- 2012 Snowmobile Signage Changes
Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup
- SAW The purpose of the Snowmobile Advisory Workgroup (SAW) is to assist the Michigan Snowmobile and Trails Advisory Council (MSTAC) in performing the duties and responsibilities of the MSTAC and to provide the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) advice related to the snowmobile program. This includes advice related to the creation, development, operation and maintenance of the designated snowmobile trail system.