Snowmobile Safety TipsSafe Riding Hints
- Always keep your machine in top mechanical condition.
- Always wear insulated boots and protective clothing including a helmet, gloves and eye protection.
- Never ride alone.
- Avoid, when possible, crossing frozen bodies of water.
- Never operate in a single file when crossing frozen bodies of water.
- Always be alert to avoid fences and low strung wires.
- Never operate on a street or highway.
- Always look for depressions in the snow.
- Keep headlights and tail lights on at all times.
- When approaching an intersection, come to a complete stop, raise off the seat and look for traffic.
- Always check the weather conditions before you depart.
Slow Down - speed is a contributing factor in nearly all fatal accidents.
Don't drink - alcohol impairs judgment and slows reaction time. Make it 'none' for the trail.
Live to Enjoy Michigan's Winter Wonderland