- Help protect the environment by Camping Green
- Parks & Recreation Division Green Initiatives State parks, recreation areas and state harbors have gone green with a series of initiatives to promote environmentally-friendly management practices and products. Click here to view Parks & Recreation Division's Guide to Environmental Sustainability.
Whether using a bio-based fuel, building more energy efficient facilities or mowing less, these programs help protect and preserve the natural resources in Michigan State Parks, Recreation Areas and Harbors.
- Water Conservation An effort to reduce water use by installing water-saving technologies in Parks and Recreation Division facilities.
- Clean Marina Program All staffed, state-operated harbors in Michigan participate in environmentally-friendly practices to protect the Great Lakes
- Bio-Products Equipment used by the DNR Park and Recreation Division utilizes a variety of bio-based alternatives to reduce dependence on petroleum products.
- Product Metering Devices Simple metering devices help ensure the proper amount of product is used for the job.
- Green Buildings Small changes to new construction can reap big rewards.
- Growing Not Mowing Reductions in mowing improve air and water quality and reduce energy consumption.
- Recycling at Park and Recreation Offices DNR staff in the field and in the Lansing office are stepping up recycling efforts.
- Cleaning Green Certified "green" cleaners provide clean facilities and protect the surrounding natural areas.