DNR Mission Statement and Goals
- The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state's natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. The DNR strives to:
- Protect natural and cultural resources.
- Ensure sustainable recreation use and enjoyment.
- Enable strong natural resource-based economies.
- Improve and build strong relationships and partnerships.
- Foster effective business practices and good governance.
- DNR 2014 Snapshot of Accomplishments Check out this brief look at some of the good things happening statewide!
- Economic Impact Did you know hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation are a big boost to Michigan's economy?
- Natural Resources at a Glance Learn about the variety of natural resources (and associated recreation opportunities) in Michigan.
- Subscribe to Conservation Officer Bi-Weekly Reports
Meet the Director
In January 2016, Bill Moritz was appointed DNR director, after having served nearly four years as the department’s natural resources deputy. He was employed with Safari Club International and the Safari Club International Foundation from 2007 to March 2012, and from 2010 to 2012 he served as executive director of both organizations.
- DNR Directors Past and Present
1921 through today...