How can I help? - Michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers
- Keep a Lookout for Unwanted Invasive Plants Visitors to Michigan State Parks are invited to report invasive plants found in Michigan State Parks and Recreation Areas as part of an early detection and rapid response initiative to find and control unwanted invasive plants that are just beginning to invade.
- Volunteer Safety
- Be Part of the Volunteer Steward Program
The Parks and Recreation Division is looking for volunteer stewards to help at several southern Michigan state parks. You can help restore the special -- but threatened -- natural areas in these state parks both individually and as part of a group.
- Volunteer, it's a great feeling! Volunteering can give you great sense of accomplishment.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Adopt-A-Park Volunteers assist state park staff in maintaining and enhancing state parks.
- Adopt-a-Forest Volunteers help clean-up illegal dumping and raise the awareness of recycling opportunities for waste materials found.
- Calendar of Volunteer Stewardship Workdays
Join us for fun activities year-round! Volunteer stewardship days are offered monthly in select state parks and recreation areas in southern Michigan and beyond. Activities include cutting and pulling invasive plants, collecting native seeds and planting to help restore high-quality natural areas within our parks.
- Campground Host Applications Being Accepted
It's never too late (or too early) to apply for a volunteer Campground Host at any Michigan State Park, Recreation Area or State Forest Campground for the current and the next camping seasons.
- Conservation Stewardship Awards for Scouts Scouts complete activities and can earn a Conservation Stewardship patch or medal.
- Friends of the State Parks Friends preserve Michigan parks and recreation areas by helping provide fundraising, recruiting volunteers, leading restoration projects and providing educational programming for the public.
- Frog and Toad Survey This group is for those who are involved, or who would like to be involved, in the Michigan Frog & Toad Survey.
- Lightkeeper Program Find out the details of this unique opportunity at Tawas Point Lighthouse.
- Loon Rangers Michigan LoonWatch (MLW) is a management, protection, and registry program of the Michigan Loon Preservation Association (MLPA).
- Michigan Historical Museum Volunteer Program/Docent Guild Volunteer opportunities such as museum docents, tour guides, collections cataloguing and other services that support the museum's programs.
- Native Prairie Seed Collection
The State Park Stewardship Program, is in need of volunteers to hand collect native prairie seed at several state parks and recreation areas throughout the month of October and in early November.
- Wildlife Observations Report observations of wildlife viewed around the state.
- Donate an Artifact
- Donations to the Archives of Michigan
- Game & Fish Protection Trust Fund
- Giving Guide to Protect Michigan's Outdoor Resources
- Michigan State Parks Endowment Fund
- Nongame Fish and Wildlife Trust Fund
- Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger
- State Forest Donation Program
- State Parks & Recreation Areas Donations