How can I help? - Michigan.gov/dnrvolunteers
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Friends of the State Parks Friends groups are nonprofit organizations that play an invaluable role in helping to preserve Michigan state parks and recreation areas by helping provide fundraising, recruiting volunteers, leading restoration projects and providing educational programming for the public.
- Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger The Michigan Sportsmen Against Hunger (MSAH) program is a perfect way for hunters to share a part of their harvest this fall, or donate a whole deer. MSAH is a 501(c )(3) non-profit organization.
- Conservation Stewardship Awards for Scouts By completing activities and other scout achievements and providing conservation stewardship service hours through the DNR, younger scouts can earn a Conservation Stewardship patch and older scouts are eligible to earn a Stewardship medal.
- Calendar of Volunteer Stewardship Workdays Join us for fun activities year-round! Volunteer stewardship days are offered monthly in select state parks and recreation areas in southeast Michigan, and beyond. Activities include cutting and pulling invasive plants, collecting native seeds and planting and help restoring high-quality natural areas within our parks.
- Campground Host Applications Being Accepted It's never too late (or too early) to apply for a volunteer Campground Host at any Michigan State Park, Recreation Area or State Forest Campground for the current and the next camping seasons.
- Native Prairie Seed Collection The State Park Stewardship Program, is in need of volunteers to hand collect native prairie seed at several state parks and recreation areas throughout the month of October and in early November.
- Adopt-A-Forest The goal of the Adopt-A-Forest program is to enhance the enjoyment of public forest lands by eliminating illegal dumping and to increase the awareness of recycling opportunities for waste materials found.
- Lightkeeper Program Find out the details of this unique opportunity at Tawas Point Lighthouse.