Timber Sale Preparation - Michigan.gov/timbersaleprep
- The Department of Natural Resources solicits bids from pre-qualified vendors to perform various forestry activities related to the preparation of timber sales.
- State of Michigan Timber Sale Preparation Services Contract Information
- Timber Sale Preparation Bidding Process
- Status of Certified Timber Markers and Cruisers
The contractor or the contractor's representative must be certified before field work can begin. A contractor may become pre-qualified with only items 1 to 4 of the Timber Marker and Cruiser Task Book complete, but field work cannot begin until the contractor or his/her representative is fully certified. All field workers for the contractor must also be certified. A detailed explanation of certification is included in the Timber Marker and Cruiser Task Book
- Scheduled DNR Timber Marker and Cruisers Certification Classes
- Map of Forest Management Units Forest management is based on geographical areas within the state. This map shows where the management units are and also provides information on how the areas are managed.