Timber Sale Preparation
- Timber Sale PreparationThe Department of Natural Resources solicits bids from pre-qualified vendors to perform various forestry activities related to the preparation of timber sales.
- Contract InformationThe Department of Natural Resources, Procurement Services, is soliciting completed Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) from firms interested in providing Timber Sale Preparation Services for the state of Michigan. The purpose is to pre-qualify bidders for timber sale preparation work on state forest land for the DNR's Forest Resources Division. The work which will be offered under the Terms and Conditions will include, but is not limited to: tree marking, tree measurements, point cruising, interior payment unit boundary marking, cutting boundary marking, timber sale boundary marking, and area determination using GPS. Pre-qualified contractors are authorized to bid on work when advertised.
- Timber Sale Preparation Bidding Process
Bidding will be handled through Buy4Michigan (www.buy4michigan.com). Only pre-qualified timber sale preparation contractors may bid. When work becomes available for bidding, an email will be sent to all pre-qualified bidders and the bid information will be posted on the Buy4Michigan website. The email will notify bidders of the location of the work and include a link to Buy4Michigan. Dates when bids are due will also be included.
- Status of Certified Timber Markers and CruisersThe contractor or the contractor's representative must be certified before field work can begin. A contractor may become pre-qualified with only items 1 to 4 of the Timber Marker and Cruiser Task Book
complete, but field work cannot begin until the contractor or his/her representative is fully certified. All field workers for the contractor must also be certified. A detailed explanation of certification is included in the
Timber Marker and Cruiser Task Book
- Scheduled DNR Timber Marker and Cruisers Certification Classes
- Map of Forest Management UnitsForest management is based on geographical areas within the state. This map shows where the management units are and also provides information on how the areas are managed.
Request for Proposal (RFP)