Becoming an Outdoors Woman - BOW
- Subscribe to Becoming an Outdoors-Woman updates from Michigan DNR
- More and More Women are Becoming an Outdoors-Woman
More and more women are learning about and enjoying hunting, fishing, backpacking, shooting sports, canoeing and many more outdoor recreational activities. You can learn the outdoor skills that are necessary to enjoy these activities, too! Beginners are our specialty. Becoming an Outdoors-Woman programs offer a mix of outdoor skills over a three-day format. Designed for the novice, all equipment is provided.
Sign Up and Save the Date Events
- BOW Mother/Daughter Workshop July 30, 2016
At Marquette Tourist Park, Marquette Michigan
Learn to kayak and go for a day hike. For daughters between the ages of 10-17. See Registration packet for more information.
- Beyond BOW Traditional Archery Workshop June 24-26, 2016
At Hanson Hills Recreational Area in Grayling
Beyond BOW Traditional Archery Workshop June 24-26th, at Hanson Hills in Grayling. Must have some traditional archery experience to attend this workshop! Space is limited. See registration materials for further information.
- BOW Summer Workshop - June 3-5, 2016: FULL
This workshop is full. Registration is closed.
- Mother/Daughter Kayak Workshop - July 30, 2016 - Tourist Park, Marquette
This is a kayak/hike day workshop - daughters must be between 11- 17 to participate. Stay tuned for registration materials (coming out the end of May.)
- Beyond BOW Fall Workshop - Backpacking, Fishing, Waterfalls - September 23-25, 2016, Porcupine Mountains State Park, Ontonagon
Cabins will be on the mouth of the Big Carp River and the Lake Superior Shoreline.
- Save time and postage by using the Michigan e-store!