FORT WILKINS & COPPER HARBOR LIGHTHOUSE
- Contact Fort Wilkins Historic Complex
- About Fort Wilkins and Copper Harbor Lighthouse, Copper Harbor
In the mid 19th century, Fort Wilkins was a U.S. Army post on the northern frontier. Experience what life was like for the fort's residents and for the lightkeepers at nearby Copper Harbor Lighthouse.
Add us to your online favorites:
TRAVEL & TOUR INFO
- Fort Wilkins and Copper Harbor Lighthouse Visitor InformationFind location, admission and other information to help plan your visit to this historic site at the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula.
- Map of Fort WilkinsBuildings at the site are keyed to numbers on the map.
- View the Online CalendarEvents at all Michigan Historical Museum System Upper Peninsula sites.
- Copper Harbor LighthouseVisit the lighthouse complex. See the 1848 keeper's dwelling, the 1866 lighthouse and the 1933 steel tower that houses the modern lighting apparatus.