Photographs of Michigan
- Archives of Michigan Records on ExhibitSee photographs from the collections of the Archives of Michigan along with documents, maps and letters in these virtual exhibits.
- Archives of Michigan Photograph CollectionsThese collections provide samples of photographs from the Archives of Michigan. The majority of the archival images are not available online. Persons doing photographic research in the Archives of Michigan will find the guides and the sample collection useful.
Links to Other Photos Sites
- The Virtual Motor City: Images from the Detroit NewsThe Wayne State University Library System and the Walter P. Reuther Library present digitized images from the Detroit News Collection held at the Reuther Library. Browse the collection by topic or decade or search by keyword.
- Destination DetroitThis link takes you to a travel itinerary developed by the National Park Service. The suggested tour takes you to 39 Detroit-area properties that are on the National Register of Historic Places, including Tiger Stadium, the Fox Theatre and Belle Isle.
- Michigan LighthousesThis link takes you directly to the Michigan section of the National Park Service's Inventory of Historic Light Stations. Click on a lighthouse name to see a photo and full information about the structure.
- Turn-of-the-Century America - Detroit Publishing Company Photographs, 1880-1920Many photos of Michigan scenes can be found in this collection of over 25,000 glass negatives and transparencies and about 300 color photolithograph prints at the American Memory Web site, Library of Congress.