The Museum Store
The store at the Michigan Historical Museum offers a wide variety of items related to the history of Michigan, the region and the nation.
- A large selection of booksincluding this year's Michigan Notable Booksfor adults and children on a wide range of Michigan topics
- A growing number of Michigan-made products, including handcrafted jewelry of chlorastrolite (Isle Royale greenstone) and Petoskey stone (both official state symbols)
- products that complement the Michigan Historical Museum's permanent and special exhibits.
- Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
The Michigan Historical Museum Store is located inside the Michigan Library and Historical Center, 702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing. The building and visitor parking are on the north side of Kalamazoo Street, two blocks east of M. L. King Jr. Boulevard. Weekend parking is free. Here's more information about how to find us.
Contact us: Telephone us at (517) 373-1375 or send us an e-mailwe will be happy to assist you.
The following groups enjoy a 10% discount on all purchases at the Museum Stores at the Michigan Historical Museum, the Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Tawas Point Lighthouse and Fayette Historic Townsite (I.D./proof of membership required):
- Holders of the museum annual pass.
- State of Michigan employees
- Friends of Michigan History
- Michigan Historical Museum Docent Guild
Other Museum Store Locations
The Michigan Historical Museum Store offers unique Michigan gifts and quality service at the following locations. Some sites are seasonal; please follow the links for season dates and telephone ahead for specific hours.
- Michigan Iron Industry Museum, Negaunee
Telephone the store at (906) 475-7857.
- Fayette Historic Townsite, Garden
Telephone the store at (906) 644-3351.
- Tawas Point Lighthouse, East Tawas
Telephone the store at (989) 362-5658.
> Michigan Historical Museum Stores educator discount application - 18255 bytes