- Michigan's Hunter Education Program Safe hunting begins with hunter education, which has had a dramatic impact on reducing hunting incidents in Michigan. Hunting is safe and getting safer!
Hunter safety is required if you were born after January 1, 1960 and you want to purchase any Michigan hunting license, or if you are planning an out-of-state hunting trip.
- Subscribe to Recreational Safety updates from Michigan DNR
- Frequently Asked Questions About Hunter Education
- Course Options -Online courses:
-Traditional classroom course or home study/field day -- search for a class in your area
-Trapper education courses
- -Time commitment -- 2/3 days or 10-13 hours
-Class fee up to $10 to cover field supplies (online courses involve an additional fee)
-Field day required -- schedule in advance to make sure you get a spot
-Classes taught by volunteers. Learn more about becoming a volunteer instructor
- -Include hunter education as part of your 'back to school' plan
-HunterEdCourse.com offers new option for online hunter education in Michigan